Old 05-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #259
vwgti123
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 335945
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 Sport Limited
Satin White Pearl

Took my car in last Thurs to have a bunch of stuff done. Told the tech, not the write up service rep- was not happy with the MPG, explained my whole reason for buying the car and what my real world MPG's were for the last 7k miles.

He basically laughed at me and said I should be happy with anything near 30mpg, said car is way overrated compared to what is advertised and not capable of reaching the advertised 36mpg as is with Front Wheet drive cars. His words not mine. Soo... Just adds another log to the fire.

I really like my car, has actually grown on me, and now that the little rattles are finally fixed, I like it more. But I am very confident in telling anybody who wants to buy a CVT Impreza - do not beleive the advertised MPG's, you wont achieve them when compared to other cars rated the same. So no matter what you all chime in about, especially (you know who you are) stevehnm is 100% correct. Other cars rated the same do meet and can exceed. The imprezza does not, should be rated lower. It comes down to Subarus PZEV tune and AWD IMO. To put it simply - many front wheel drive cars rated the same as the Imprezza more easily meet and exceed window sticker estimates when driven the same! And that is CRAP! Should not be the case...FWD vs. AWD should not matter. The rating should matter! They should be rated differently. Misleading and Flat Wrong!! Again IMO
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
vwgti123 is offline   Reply With Quote