mc888
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 336257
Vehicle:
2013 Imp Sport P 5MT
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt601 View Post
I love the 5 sp in my sport. It isn't the best shifting car I have had but it seems to be getting better. At around 3k miles the reverse gear grenaded and I had a new trans installed. The new one seems to be a little tighter than the original one. I do have a quick question though.
Has anyone noticed that their trans rattles a bit when cold? When I start mine in the garage it rattles in neutral until the clutch is pushed in stopping the rotation of the main shaft. After its warm the noise goes away. I am getting ready to change to synthetic fluids but I want to make sure that this is normal. If it isn't I don't want them to try and blame the Redline fluid for a failure.

Paul
Mine doesn't do that either. At startup what I hear sounds like the flywheel scraping. It bothered me at first, but it didn't seem to hurt anything. I heard the same thing (but not as loud) on the CVT Impreza.

Maybe the clutch engage point was too low and needed adjustment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldste01 View Post
I don't think I've noticed this break-in, and my car has almost 12k miles on it. I think it's more that I've gotten used to the clutch's high catch point, which took months.
High catch point? Not on mine. I rejected the Mazda3 due to it's high catch point. My catch point is only about an inch and a half off the floor.

Now you guys have me wondering if the clutch adjustment is being set inconsistently at the factory.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
mc888 is offline   Reply With Quote