Old 05-03-2013, 12:23 AM   #40
snapmarc
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 312393
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2012 WRX 5-Door
Dark Metallic Gray

By the way, I would like to say that I noticed a vast improvement with my new Eibach front and rear sway bars. In my opinion, the WRX, in its stock form, just has a lot of body roll and really needs flattening out. These new sway bars do not change the comfort of the ride at all. The ride is very smooth and a great daily driver. What it does do, is reduces the amount of body roll when turning in harder than a normal turn.

After installing both bars, I took my car for a test drive and immediately noticed a difference. With no change to the springs, regular straight driving and going over bumps felt exactly the same. But the magic occurs when I aggressively took a few turns. I also found an empty road that I knew was completely clear and safe, and proceeded to slalom some invisible cones.

Boy oh boy, this car is a new animal. It feels solid, level, and sure footed. Today, on Imy way home, it was lightly misting and a little bit rainy. The roads were slick So I turned off traction control for a few nice turns. The car slid a little bit as it normally would, but the stability and levelness of the car was absolutely superb. As I've learned now in driving a Subaru, a little bit of throttle corrects the all-wheel-drive system in this car is incredible. It just digs in and does not lose grip. Remember, this was on the damp slick roads, and I, at no point, was ever worried at all about losing control or sliding out or having any single second where I was not fully in control of the car.

I also have read on different forums that these heavier bars might cause issues in keeping control of the car. But now that I'm on day three or four, I can tell you that it's nothing to worry about at all. I'm 41 years old, drive carpool on a daily basis, and am not out there as a wild man either. I simply wanted a more level car with less body roll. If this is the result of the heavier 22 mm and 25 mm sway bars by Eibach, then I can say for sure that a single bar replacement from the STI will not make nearly as much of a difference.

I'm very happy with my purchase. I have nothing to compare It to, but it's so much better than stock.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
snapmarc is offline   Reply With Quote