gggplaya
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 139444
Vehicle:
2008 Impreza
Dark Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRXHillClimb View Post
I know plenty of people who make horrible decisions too, just not normally when they're true enthusiasts of the topic.

It makes it better, yes, but that's still partly a bad decision. Nothing changes that :P.

I have and I hate it as much as I hate my own convertible (when it comes to layout... at least I didn't have a choice with the platform).

I brought up a specific car that has an overwhelmingly woman buyer population as a way to inadvertently say only dumb women would buy the car outlined in the OP. Which is fine, because there are plenty of dumb people, so this car will still find buyers, much to my dismay. Clearly, by the unnecessary length of this discussion, you either dislike stereotypes or the subtlety was lost on you. How, I don't know as it was pretty obvious what snide remarks my comment was intended to portray.

The fact that you think they are "bad decisions" shows that you like to play into stereotypes. However, i don't like to be that type of ignorant person. A larger percentage of convertible buyers are women, but not the 99% that you think. I've seen plenty of men driving down the road in convertibles. And i know several that are perfectly straight, but love their convertibles.

You also have to keep in mind, that snide remarks, comedic remarks, emotions and tone are lost in text type. I'm sure you're typing and reading it back to yourself in the same tone, however people reading on the other end will read it differently.

I find it ironic that you own an S2000 yet still believe the stereotype.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
gggplaya is offline   Reply With Quote