Member Sales Rating: (3)

Member#: 226603
Chapter/Region: SCIC
Vehicle:
2009 WRX Premium
Satin White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugstiwagon View Post
Received mine knobs today, They were delivered yesterday (Saturday) I ordered a white for my wifes 6-speed and a blue for my 5 speed. I rate them 4/10- both of the knobs (Boxed and shipped seperate) have imperfections in the paint. I tried to photograph this on them but the white was really hard to capture, It has small swirl marks and dark impurities on the top and the side of the knob. Also the threads seem to be very unclean, and when i went to install it, it felt as if i would have to force it on. I stopped because i did not want to mess the threads on the shifter for the stock knob to not go back on. The blue one has a chip in the paint on the top, it seems to be painted rather then powdercoating. Maybe im wrong but it seems really thinly coated. However i am happy with the weight of the knobs, and the shape is just about perfect. The knob is a great design but the craftsmanship is lacking. I will use the blue 5-speed knob, until i find something better. The white 6speed knob however will be a nice paper weight.

Sad to say after only a week it has a chip. I can't imagine how this could happen so quickly. I don't wear any rings or watch on my hand. I would have to agree with you Bugstiwagon for the poor craftsmanship in these shift knobs.

image-3374125947.jpg
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
c3ywut is offline   Reply With Quote