Old 05-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #3
2012hatch
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 313490
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2012 Wrx hatch
Blue

Once you get the emblems off the car or buy new ones remove the double sided tape. I used my thumb to kind of roll it off starting at and edge. Wet a rag with some goof off an press the badge against it. You'll know it's working when you see it lifting by looking through the front of badge. ONLY DO A SMALL PART AT A TIME THEN WASH WITH DISH SOAP AND REAPPLY RAG. Soon only the chrome stars will be left with some blue paint behind them I soaked mine in cool water for about 20 min with soap just to wash any goof off away. In the small Tupperware mix 3:1 water and super clean. Let that puppy soak and you will see the super clean eating away the chrome. Change mixture as needed or if necessary. The blue paint will still be in the stars and is easily picked out with a toothpick. Wash thoroughly and use cleaner wax to get any paint left behind. Paint them how ever you would like. Total soak time for me was about 24hrs. I will post pictures when mine is painted as I just got done stripping them. I'll be back to tell you how to strip the chrome bezel and paint tomorrow when I get there
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
2012hatch is offline   Reply With Quote