Old 05-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #418
besthaticouldo
NASIOC Supporter
Member Sales Rating: (13)

Member#: 279660
Chapter/Region: MWSOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3ywut View Post
Sad to say after only a week it has a chip. I can't imagine how this could happen so quickly. I don't wear any rings or watch on my hand. I would have to agree with you Bugstiwagon for the poor craftsmanship in these shift knobs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister8008 View Post
Well today I received my shift knob! . The only problem is it has a small chip in the paint. Unfortunately, the chip is on the side I have to look at from the driver's side...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twister8008 View Post
Guys, these knobs are very nice. So far, Forman performance has head prompt, excellent customer service. These cases could very well just be bad luck. I wouldn't shy away from these knobs just yet. We will keep you updated on how they make this right for us. Right now, I have no doubt that they will do what it takes to make their customers happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forman Performance View Post
These sounds like isolated incidents. We've literally sold hundreds of these without any issues. The ones we all use here continue to serve us well without any chips. I'm wondering if the new packaging may have contributed to the chips that some of you are seeing? Or possibly the new source that Anarchy Motive uses for powdercoating could be at fault for making some mistakes?

I'm not sure what's going on, as all previous one's have been fantastic in quality! But I'm sure Anarchy Motive will make these right for you guys.
Vim is right, I will make sure all of your knobs are perfect.

The finish shouldn't chip at all and shouldn't be flaking or peeling at all. I am not sure what the deal is. We just moved to Missouri, so are using completely new vendors. Likely the problem. I am going to call them on Monday and see what we can do. This is not OK with me.

As Vim said, we've sold about 300+ of these with literally less than 1% return rate. I pride myself in the craftsmanship of my products and I know for a fact that none of them would have left here with defects like that so blatantly obvious to the naked eye. This is not good.

I sincerely apologize for the problems guys. This should not have happened at all.

I am going to call on Monday and see what the powdercoater has to say and come up with a plan of action to get you all knobs.

At the current moment I have no knobs in stock. I have another batch that is due to be finished 5/31 and go to powder after that, so they should be complete by the middle of June. I will gladly exchange the knob at that point or you can mail the knob back now and I can have them recoated and mailed back out to you guys. I am not sure if that would even be faster since I have a conference I have to attend next weekend in Chicago. Right now, those look like the two best options for you guys.

Again, I really apologize for any problems in the knobs. These are really the first problems we've had like this. This never should have happened and ultimately it is on me. I am really sorry. I have gotten all of your emails so far, I am not ignoring you. It is easier to post here really fast as I have a sick 11 month old right now at home that is taking my focus at the moment. I will figure everything out on Monday and get back to everyone.

I'm sorry guys. I'll fix this.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
besthaticouldo is online now   Reply With Quote