Did a search, couldn't find anything to help me out. Then again, I am terrible when it comes to electricity and wiring.
HU- Pioneer DEH-X8500BH
Speakers - Pioneer all around
Amp - 4 channel 1000 watt. Can't remember the brand name, my step dad gave it to me. It's over 10 years old but it still works.
Sub- 10" rockford fosgate
I'm a little confused on how to wire everything up properly. I will be taking the car apart and soldering/ re-wiring everything to make it pretty.
- Connect head unit to harness. Only connect positive, negative, constant 12v, dash illumination
- Cap everything else off (OR) how do you take these wires out of a harness?
- Run 3 sets of RCA cables to amplifier (Front, rear, Sub)
- Connect positive to battery
- Ground to seat bolt
- Blue remote wire to harness on head unit
- Run all new wires from every speaker and individually connect +/- directly to alloted slots on amplifier.
- Run +/- wire from allotted slot on amplifier, to the slots on the outside of the box that the sub is in.
- Will this wiring work out?
- Will I still be able to use the head unit controls to adjust the sound? (high, mid, low, etc.)
- I should run the RCA cables away from the power cables on the amplifier correct?
- What have I missed?
Please post up any write ups on how you guys wired your audio system and where you guys fed the wiring through. With pictures please, i'm a look and learn kind of guy.
Motivation for you to help me out: stolen from google.