View Single Post
Old 05-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #29
ICE_NY
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 324263
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza Sport

I do get consistently between 29 and 32 MPG with an Impreza Sport with CVT driving an 82 miles round trip commute. I can do better on days traffic is kind to me (like holidays). I also have a Yakima Fatcat snowboard rack attached to the aero crossbars and an Inno fairing. I drive mostly 35/65% City/Highway.

I do strongly believe (and have experienced) this car can do better than 36 MPH highway if you drive it under or around 65 MPH. The city driving is what really takes a toll with the MPGs.

I do have 13K+ miles on mine and my "break in period" came around 7k miles. I didn't believe in that until I experienced it. I went from getting 25/29 MPGs and being mildly disappointed to my current MPGs and being very happy with the car!

The main factor for me getting this car was the fact that you get a decent AWD system, space to seat 4/5 adults comfortably, "reliability", and decent MPGs. I also like the looks of it (except the look from straight back) and I think it is safe to say it will age gracefully. If I would have to take the decision of buying a car again, I would buy it again. I also have recommended it based on my satisfaction with the car. There are other things that I don't like about the car (Mostly cosmetic and design wise) but the thinks I like outweighs everything else.

If you are not happy with your car and you have not cracked the 10K miles, hang in there, there are brighter days ahead of you. If you have passed the 10K mark and are not getting what you expect, try adjusting your driving technique, google "hypermiling" and see if some of those techniques can help you improve MPGs.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ICE_NY is offline   Reply With Quote