NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 200436
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2004 Forester XT
Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by panel View Post
What's AOS and how hard is it to delete the MAF etc ?
AOS is an air oil separator. It keeps oil out of your intake tract, specifically keeping your intercooler clean. This in turn helps your intercooler maintain efficiency. An AOS will also keep oil vapors out of your intake manifold - oil vapors in your fresh intake effectively reduces your octane and can cause detonation, and reduces power and amount of timing you can run.

Honestly, with a stock engine, it probably isn't worth running an AOS. I do, but my car is anything but stock.

Deleting the MAF is simple. Just get an intake that doesn't have a maf on it, and relocate your IAT (intake air temperature) to your intake manifold under your throttle body. You will need to get tuned for speed density. I think it's more flexible and allows you to run a simple intake design. My build thread HERE has a lot of information on running speed density, my rotated setup as well as my intake. There is a lot of information to sort through. I am in a hurry now, but I can always post a link to a relevant post.

Really excited to see the progress of this build.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Type2 is offline   Reply With Quote