Scooby Newbie

Member#: 338666
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2014 Impreza Limited
SWP/Blk Leather CVT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozanimal View Post
Any of you added the Alpine KTP-445U to these stock head unit upgrades you're doing? I'm looking at a slightly different route, but I hear good things about the Alpine Power Pack. I'm curious if anyone has any experience with them here, since the stock speakers seem pretty decent in the later-model Imprezas.

Boz
I purchased the Apine but have yet to install it. When I do, I'll report back. On another note, I had mentioned somewhere along the line that I replaced the stock speakers with the Subi/Kicker upgrades. My take is that for how cheap the stockers are, they sound decent. (ie: they sound better than they ought to considering, but they still leave a lot to be desired.) All four old ones weigh less than one upgraded speaker. The magnet is no bigger then your thumb in diameter and maybe 3/4 to an inch long. If you plan to drive them with more power, the stock speakers will probably not be acceptable. The HU that many of us have changed to produces better sound at slightly higher volumes where the stock HU begins to distort. The better speakers improve that a little more. When I finally get my butt in gear, I'm looking forward to getting the Alpine installed.

John
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Guzzi 1 is offline   Reply With Quote