Old 05-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #587
Patrick Olsen
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 120
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
1997 Legacy 2.5GT
QuickSilver Metallic

A few weeks ago I used it as a pack mule. First 10 bags of mulch, a few bags of seed and fertilizer (no actual pic of the loaded car):

Then the next weekend was a bunch of garden edging bricks:

I've certainly had more stuff (by volume) in the car, but these were pretty heavy loads. I was just about tucking tire in the rear, despite Tarmac2s with high spring rates.

Project this weekend has been to replace the valve cover gaskets, something I should have done a long time ago. What a frickin' mess. Here are before and after shots of the passenger side; the driver side looked just as bad. It's hard to see due to the poor lighting, but note the black (caked with oil and dirt) cross-member in the before picture compared to the clean cross-member in the after picture.

I basically got that job done last night (still need to reinstall the air intake, washer fluid reservoir, and battery), then decided to continue the cleaning by pulling the PS pump, which has also been leaking for a while. My initial inspection didn't reveal where it's actually leaking from, but there's PS fluid all over the top of the block. I'll be re-attacking that this evening after work.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Patrick Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote