Scooby Newbie

Member#: 346278
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
04 WRX
WRB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoobySooby View Post
Do you guys think a Cobb accessport would do the job as a tune? I mean, could i use it essentially to tune the car by myself? I found a good deal for one (200 bucks) and its better than 500 but if it won't suffice then i won't get it.
On a car like this, that might not be the best practice. I went through a similar debacle when I got my car. What I did was first, take off the stupid mods (Blow off valve and cold air intake). Then I bought and AccessPort, and discovered the car had a tune on it, though it wasn't a very good one. I messed around with the Cobb OTS stage 2 maps for a while, but was still having issues. At that point I contacted Torqued Performance and started working with Eric on an E-tune.

Right now, I couldn't be happier . The E-tunes are affordable ($70-150ish + AccessPort) and are specific to YOUR car. If you want to take it even further you can get a Protune from a shop, but that's more money.

$200 for an AccessPort is scary cheap. Keep in mind there are specific models for each generation. You need AP-SUB-003:
http://www.cobbtuning.com/Subaru-Acc...ap-sub-003.htm

If you do buy a used AccessPort, make sure it's UNMARRIED. Otherwise it's garbage.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by tec_41; 05-21-2013 at 01:29 PM.
tec_41 is offline   Reply With Quote