View Single Post
Old 05-27-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
B16ars
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 328655
Default WRX to STi swap idea

I have a 05 WRX and am getting all of this stuff out of an 05 STi. I am buying an STi long block that also comes with a ton of extra things. Ill have the ECU, engine harness, cluster, turbo, intercooler,drive by wire pedal, etc
I have read and rear and read. Seems like there is only 2 choices everyone talks about. Either swapping the whole cars harness or swapping my intake manifold, cam gears, throttle body, and losing the ACV.

Here is what i want to do and i cant figure out why no one else has tried this or suggested it. By doing an STI swap i want EVERYTHING!!!! I am stingy like that and when i put my mind to something thats what i want.

So what if i buy the STI 32 bit ECU plugs and depin my 16 bit ECU plugs. I could repin everything to work into the STI ECU and just run the additional wires that i do not have. Everyone already says that the harnesses are pretty much the same minus little things.

For the drive by wire there is 8 wires. 2 that go to the ECU, 2 that go to the throttle body, and then a power and ground.
After i get all that wired up all i would have to wire up is the ACVs. I really doubt that could be that hard.

Now for my question. Why hasnt anyone else tried to do it this way? IS there something that i am missing or a good reason why this wouldnt work?

Thanks Tim
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
B16ars is offline   Reply With Quote