bluesubie
Scooby Guru

Member#: 767
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
04 FXT

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrx12tt View Post
I purchased it at the VW dealer, only place I could find it. It's a bit pricey.

According to the datasheet for 5w30 the Edge Prof. OE is 505.1 and the Edge Prof. LL03 variant is 504/507. 6k sounds good.

Why is it an oxymoron? It was 50-75% of a can in this oil. My logic was to add the moly to closer approximate the factory fill moly levels. Subaru recommends the high moly factory fill in for 7,500 miles so I wanted to get close to that. Hopefully my logic makes sense :/

Any ideas why this oil would be lower on detergents? That would just necessitate shorter OCIs right?
Moly, zinc, and phosphorus are lower in low SAPS oils for reduced ash, to be friendlier to DPF's and cats, but throwing in Lubro Moly kind of defeats the point of running a low SAPS oil. I love the feel of moly though.

Low SAPS info:
http://www.lubrizol.com/EngineOilAdd.../LowerSAPS.pdf

Although after saying in an email that moly levels are being reduced in oils to meet GF5 specs, Idemitsu comes out with a high moly Mazda oil (although moly in oil is a different form than Lubro Moly - soluble vs insoluble) so go figure.

I'm not sure why calcium is lower. Maybe it's part of the low SAPS formula. As long as you do uoa's with a TBN, I wouldn't worry. Just don't try to do a 7,500 mile interval without one.

-Dennis
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
bluesubie is offline   Reply With Quote