Member Sales Rating: (8)

Member#: 268558
Chapter/Region: South East
Vehicle:
2008 STi
OBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by besthaticouldo View Post
The color changed because we changed powdercoaters. They don't use the same powder. So the change was because of that. They weren't photoshopped. As far as the dent, I have literally had 1 dented knob the entire time I've been selling knobs, well over 300 knobs. I am not sure where that came from, whether it was from machining and I missed it or it was dropped (not saying it was).

I spent a bunch of time responding to you. I am not sure what I can do for you. If you would like to return it Vim or I will gladly refund your money. If you would like a replacement they will be done shortly and if you would like one of those I can accommodate that as well for you.

I'm not sure if you're saying terrible customer service on my part? This is not my full time job for what that's worth. I understand that I don't always respond in a timely manner, that may have been a miscommunication between Forman and myself, I think we were both thinking the other was going to handle it and we didn't. I apologize for that. However, you can ask everyone that has bought a knob for me, I have tried to go above and beyond to meet or exceed expectations. I moved across the country for a lot more intensive job, going back to school (full time grad school), and have 2 kids. So sometimes, this takes a back seat. I do try and respond and get to everyone as soon as I can, sometimes I miss things. In the end, I do definitely make sure the customers are satisfied.

This is definitely true. I had a world class powdercoater in CA. Unfortunately, to keep the cost low for you guys I can't justify shipping the knobs across the country and back and then out to you guys. It would raise the cost of the knob by $30+. That doesn't makes sense. I am working with a couple local people to find a powdercoater that can do what I want to the level that I expect while keeping my price what it is. I sell these for less than half of the other guys, a product that's made completely in the USA from USA steel and even packaged with US products, that's not easy to do at this price point.

As far as the color goes, honestly on a daily basis I get an email from someone asking if I can do the color in matte or satin or gloss. I cannot tailor the knob for everyone, not everyone has the same tastes. Well I take that back, but the lead time will go up and the price will be well into the $175-200 range. That's just not going to work for people. The point I am trying to make is, we changed powdercoaters and their powder company was different than before. We are working with a new company for powdercoat and they assured me that they prep differently and we are going to be good with this batch. I explained the problems and they know what they are used for and they are positive that they can do this with no problem.

I am sorry for all of the problems. I have sold over 300 knobs and probably had less than 5 actually have a problem, all of them have been from the batch with this powdercoater. Which is partially my fault and I will take the blame for that. There is a reason we won't be using them again. These issues won't happen again.
If I may again make a small suggestion: UPDATE ALL PICS TO REFLECT THE NEW(EST) POWDERCOATER.

As far as color, that should help clear things up nicely. The sooner the better.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
laxman2001 is offline   Reply With Quote