View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #316
sensimilla
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 358620

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie leggs View Post
Personally I think semi gloss would look better. I saw you mentioned the taillights too. They are no where as easy to take apart like the headlights. You can't just bake them, you need to cut them open and then epoxy back together. Not many have been able to do so without having a leak later on.
**** that's good to know before I start tearing them apart. She definitely hates the chrome colored tails with a passion. This is probably wrong thread but are there any aftermarket tails that either come in black or (ideally) are easily paintable that would match a painted set of the headlamps? Money isn't an issue, nor is finish because I haven't painted anything else on the car yet so I can be decently flexible on that. Sorry if this is really dumb but I'm a total newbie to Subarus so I don't even really know what to search because I don't know what parts would be compatible or not....
Or should I just buy a used set of stock tails, grow a pair, and chop them up? I build aquariums all the time so making the epoxy or silicone seal up won't be too hard for me, I'm just worried about messing up when I cut them open.....
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by sensimilla; 06-06-2013 at 08:49 PM.
sensimilla is offline   Reply With Quote