RonW
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 103663
Vehicle:
1968 Porsche 912
STi v8 Spec-C conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimson ghost View Post
Glad to see this thread. I've been stockpilling all the parts to do this to my 1959 Karmann Ghia for over a year while the brakes, body work and suspension are done..
Thanks
That is gonna be a be bad ass, please post up when you start putting motor/trans! Got a link to a current build thread to take a sneak peak at the body/brakes/suspension so far?

took delivery of some parts. first, those gears are AWESOME! thanks todd at subarugears.com for some nice pieces. beside the great work that todd did, it was sent to Weddle for the REM treatment and now its like a mirror finish. these things are beautiful, but despite that, once the case is bolted together, i NEVER what to see their beauty again!
I bolted the ring to the factory LSD and put it in the case half. it needed a touch more clearancing than the open diff and factory ring

pulled the bearing off the open diff and install them on the LSD keep the matched bearing/race together.

then pull the gears and bearings off the original pinion and install it on the new subarugears pinion

bolted the pinion assembly to the case and used the pinion depth tool and with the original 2 shims, nearly perfect. i'll have to get some gear marking compound to check the pattern this week and install the seals/gaskets

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
RonW is offline   Reply With Quote