View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 12:44 AM   #15
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 133690
Chapter/Region: NESIC
2013 BRZ
Lighting Red

Originally Posted by Snowphun View Post
Wow, SCCA is handling events on the LRP autocross course very differently than LRP. I'm signed up for an autocross day directly with LRP later this year, they don't even require helmets, let alone SA, and their only concerns with cars are the noise level (and general safety). I know that school doesn't include track time but follow the leader parade laps for 20 minutes are hardly going to be pushing the limits too far.

Good luck with the event, it looks like a great deal.
A lot of it is the SCCA sanctioning that has the strict requirements. But also let it be clear that even though the lapping for most won't be at 100%, it will approach and exceed any speeds you will ever see on autocross courses.

Also the lapping will be split into groups based on skill. No one will be setting any lap records, but I can see laps getting under the 1:10 mark pretty easily in the more advanced group. So It certainly won't be a Sunday drive out there. We will bring you up to speed gradually, but in the end we will be pushing you to go as fast as you safely can.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
GremlinDX is offline   Reply With Quote