View Single Post
Old 06-13-2013, 11:30 AM   #106
Scooby Newbie
Member#: 267225
Chapter/Region: MAIC
2011 WRX Limited 4DR
Satin White Pearl

I don't know if my issue is related so you guys can let me know. I have a 2011 WRX. I have another thread in the Warranty forum about the crazy ordeal I've been dealing with in regards to what appears to be a CV Axle or diff issue. Obviously that's different and as of this moment, I believe it will be covered under warranty.

However, after telling me the car was fixed yesterday (it wasn't), I went to pick it up. When I started it and depressed the clutch, there was this muted shrieking/squeeling sound. Tech came out and told me it's the throw out bearing. The service advisor looked at my paperwork and saw that I have 38,700 miles, and said it was not covered under warranty.

I left only to come back 45 minutes later with the same original diff/axle issue but I started thinking about the throwout bearing problem. Would they have covered it if the car had 36,000 miles on it? If so, I find it a bit ridiculous that there isn't some sort of grace period, especially considering the problem most likely started before but I just didn't hear it until now, now that it's gotten worse. I'll have to check again but I don't recall the clutch actually moving around.

So is a throwout bearing related to all this or is that something different altogether? I noticed several of the posts on here refer to a bad throwout bearing at relatively low mileage.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
MSMStannyl is offline   Reply With Quote