Scooby Newbie

Member#: 133690
Chapter/Region: NESIC
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ
Lighting Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartMart View Post

Typical. Nobody can admit when they're wrong. Not like I asked you to kill your first born or anything. Certainly not trying to mince words with you here as so many children on NASIOC do; just clear up any possible confusion as to the wide array of accepted and denied helmets in this particular application.

Assumptions get people killed. Or in most cases typically really pissed off.

Just making sure you made yourself clear. Showing up with a DOT approved helmet and being told to go screw on the day of the event would be traumatic for some. Especially after paying for the day.

CliffNotes: DOT - NO. SNELL&DOT- YES
If you were to read the post in question in its entirety it does state what is and isn't allowed. But after seeing how it could be misconstrued, it prompted me to update the original post with exactly what is required for helmets (and convertibles.)

I'm not here to argue with anyone, I am only trying to make sure that everyone is safe and enjoys the event. I appreciate you bringing it up as not being clear to you and possibly other readers and potential entrants.

Also, we have a backup plan for the inevitable people that will show up with DOT helmets. But we can't have people relying on those limited personally owned helmets that I am procuring. Monday I will know for sure if we will have actual loaner helmets.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
GremlinDX is offline   Reply With Quote