View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #110
09WrxNJ
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 355985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subiezilla View Post

How'd u get em to replace those under warrenty?u have an 09 wrx?
I bought the car "certified" with 48,000 miles, and got a class A warranty on it. At around 50k it started the pop+creak. I looked online to find a fix and saw this firewall issue on another forum. I checked for brake pedal movement when clutch wad depressed then pulled the cowl and confirmed the broken welds. I brought it to the dealer and complained about the clutch noise and they wanted to replace the clutch master cylinder ($345 not covered by warranty, and won't fix anything). I refused and confronted them with the firewall issue and the pictures of it, filed a warranty claim with SOA, filed a claim with that government thing (NHTSA?) posted here, and then the dealership offered to repair it for me as a good will repair, for the price of a throw out bearing and flywheel, plus the warranty deductible (which makes no sense since they are saying it's not a warranty repair). I really didn't feel like arguing with them about it anymore and just paid, about $540 all said and done. I am not happy about that out of pocket expense but I am happy with the car now, and might try to pursue the class action option to see if I can recoup that cost down the line.
Subaru knew they messed up. You can't sell a car as a "certified", like-new or whatever, with a clutch that stiff and out of spec. I never drove a new wrx and didn't know it wasn't supposed to be like that. I thought it was just a heavy duty clutch because thats how my friends stage 2 clutch felt.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by 09WrxNJ; 06-16-2013 at 11:45 AM.
09WrxNJ is offline   Reply With Quote