NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 120
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
1997 Legacy 2.5GT
QuickSilver Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuneefay View Post
Well. Long strory short, had some rota subzero 17x7.5 42mm offset with 225/45 tires that i was going to shove under my 1993 fwd 1.8L. Didnt pan out nearly as well as i thought it was. Struts and springs wont have any of that...
How so? What is interfering where?

Quote:
so i went smaller and got some stock 02-04 wrx wheels 16x7 with 205/55's stock gc8 with the "hell yeah this couldnt go wrong" mentality. Well it did, they clear the front spring and strut when the car is jacked up but there is no way theyll fit and they cant even mount on the rear studs.
Again, what specifically is interfering where? And when you say they clear the front spring and strut with it jacked up there is no way they'll fit, are you saying that when you let the car down off the jack the tire won't clear the fender? If that's the case, it's possible the struts & springs are just tired/sagging - any idea what condition they're in (original, replaced at some point...)?

Quote:
All im looking for is the stock size of the 1993-95 impreza's. I have 14x? on it now with 185/60 tires.
Check here - http://www.cars101.com/subaru/tiresandwheels.html - scroll way down and he has wheel/tire sizing back to the early years. Also check inside the driver's door on the sill - the sticker there should show the tires sizes and recommended pressures.

Just looking at the sizes offered on the car (up to 195/70-14), it doesn't seem to me that a 205/55-16 should be an issue. That's the same diameter, and only slightly wider. I don't know anything about differences between the FWD and AWD rear suspension/strut/knuckle, so I don't know what would cause problems.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Patrick Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote