Thread: ('08-'10) 2009 Outback Sport (pics)...
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #1999
DiModa Corse
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 282532

You know what this means...

Usually, for speedy detailing I'll use Meguair's DA Microfiber system but this time took it all the way with a complete detailing for the almost 50k celebration on 2010 OBS.

Paint was in fairly decent condition though not oft washed and thanks to the XPEL paint protection film on hood, fenders, bumper, mirrors, lights, a-pillars and roof which was significantly discolored from dirt and debris.

I started with Meguair's #62 shampoo & conditioner then spent quite a bit of time with mild clay bar removing significant paint contaminants. On the PPF, I used XPEL Film Cleaner spray and went over it a few times working out the dirt and discoloration.

For correction work I had my Meguair's G110v2 D/A polisher and M105 Ultra-Cut compound where required (with red cutting and yellow polishing pads) then into M205 Ultra Finishing polish (yellow polishing and grey finishing pads).

For finishing, #7 Show Car glaze (grey finishing pad), finally #21 Synthetic 2.0 sealant (grey finishing pad) and on the film surfaces, XPEL Flawless Finish sealant.

Taping off PPF seam line

Finished result

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
DiModa Corse is offline   Reply With Quote