Scooby Newbie

Member#: 357334
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2003 WRX Sedan
Midnight Black Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power6 View Post
The proper key for your car is a 2009 Legacy key, it would have an FCC ID CWTWBU766, Subaru part number 57497AG48A. Anything is possible, but no OEM Subaru key I have seen has only a snap closure and no screw. I have handled lots of the OEM keys in fact I am holding a 09 Legacy key right now it has a screw in the back. If you have a snap closure you likely have a key where the EBay seller replaced the shell with a new Chinese made one with a new uncut blade. Subaru does not sell just the shell. This is very common. The replacement shells I used to buy used a screw like the stock one, but there are a bunch of mfrs making them all slightly different. I hope the snap only type is as sturdy if you do end up using it.

The tip for the black back is good, the 10 and 11-up units have a white backing. Of course you have to take the key apart to see it.

Your experience is typical, lots of sellers have no clue, they'll sell the wrong remote units, swap around key shells with the wrong blades etc. Luckily you were able to return your keys and get the right one.
So I have an interesting one then. I have a Legacy key white a white back but the FCC ID is CWTWBU766. Will this not work on my 2003 WRX then?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ChwyNiblet is offline   Reply With Quote