WRX_mattb
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 349275
Chapter/Region: MAIC
Vehicle:
2011 WRX
WRB

Default UGH! Gauge ranting!

So..... I just bought a 2011 wrx. It had a 52mm rallitek boost gauge installed. Worked perfectly, looked good, all except the pod was faded and had a few cracks in it. So i bought some primer and tape and all that and decided I was going to redo the pod to make it look a little better.

So pretty straight foward right? unscrew the vaccum line, disconnect the wires from the gauge and remove it from the pod. Primed and repainted the pod, let it dry overnight, and this morning I went to reinstall it, hooked everything up and went to start the car...... NO light in the gauge. It was still reading boost and vaccum just fine.....for a few mins. Went for a test drive and noticed that it wasnt reaching the right amount of boost. Came home and turned the car off, the gauge was not on zero. It was a couple notches below.

So at this point im lost. I checked the vaccum line, no leaks, checked the connectors, all were good. So it looks like somehow miraculously over night my gauge just took a **** on me.

So im looking for a new gauge, but i only have about 150 to 200 bucks max to spend on a new gauge. Any recommendations?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
WRX_mattb is offline   Reply With Quote