Old 07-10-2013, 01:27 AM   #85
goodymon22
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 215269
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2005 Impreza WRX
WR Blue

Last year was a bit awkward because they were not able to get the timing equipment that they had brought to work so it was pretty much a stopwatch but the classing last year was broken down as simply as

non turbo or rather any Subaru that was NA - naturally aspirated very easy to interpret

turbo stock - stock being interpreted as being that your cold air intake is a "cool" looking mod and all but lets be honest

modified - also being interpreted on a car to car basis but it is safe to say any turbo swaps, suspension upgrades, exhaust upgrades, and tunes will get you here

I am betting there will be at least one person there that knows a little something about Subarus to better help keep these "interpretations" fair and accurate. Most likely Doug Mikko will be bringing the beautiful NA coupe out again and just STOMP everybody anyways no matter the mods we have I do love seeing driver skill > car mods

While it would be nice to use the SCCA Solo classing rules most of the participants of the all Subaru autocross will most likely not be a regular autocrossers and we could spend all day classing cars so keeping it simple will....well keep it simple.

As for timing this year since it is being hosted by the Bremerton autocross club the same day they are running their event timing will be accurate this time. I would also suggest coming early and perhaps asking one of their club for a ride, not only is it great fun but very informative on how to navigate the course.

Maybe one of the actual Bremerton folks could weigh in on this for more accurate and correct information?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
goodymon22 is offline   Reply With Quote