Originally Posted by Ryder0724
Sorry if its already been said but 275 pages is too much looking for me but what is a cocktail? And dccd?
from post number 1
2qt 80w90 Castrol HypoyC(NOW labeled Axle Limited Slip 80W-90 by Castrol in North America) NO stupid PM's on this either
1qt Redline HEAVYWEIGHT SHOCKPROOF....NOT the LIGHTWEIGHT!!!
1qt Penzoil 'SYNCHROMESH' transmission fluid....the GM synchromesh fluid PN 12345349 is available at any GM dealer and can be used if the Penzoil product is not available....the Penzoil one IS better.
1) FOR BEST RESULTS DRAIN THE TRANSMISSION FOR AT LEAST 30 MINUTES...REMOVE the trans dipstick and use a funnel(see below) with a long spout....
Pour the WHOLE BOTTLE of the HEAVYWEIGHT SHOCKPROOF(NOT THE LIGHTWEIGHT) into the trans....
2) Pour EXACTLY 1/2 of ONE of the bottles of CASTROL into the now empty shockproof bottle and shake it gently.....and pour THAT into the trans
3) Pour ALL REMAINING CASTROL PRODUCT into the trans.
4) Pour EXACTLY 1/3 of the 'synchromesh' into the trans and replace the dipstick
5) Drive car in a NORMAL AND RATIONAL AND REASONAL MANNER using ALL the gears INCLUDING REVERSE.....
6) Park car on LEVEL surface....wait at least 20 minutes and check trans fluid level.....top up with the synchromesh product.
THE 5MT TRANSMISSION DOES NOT LIKE TO BE AT ALL UNDER FILLED....A BIT OVER FILLED IS BETTER THAN ANY UNDERFILL AMOUNT.
OVERFILLING THE TRANSMISSION S L I G H T L Y IS NO BIG DEAL.....DO NOT WORRY ABOUT IT. NO stuid pm's or posts on this please
ALWAYS POUR S L O W L Y.....or ya may end up with it all over UNDER the car and NOT in the trans where ya want it
these funnels work great...and no need to take the IC off
POUR SLOWLY....think glacial, here.