Old 07-21-2013, 03:07 AM   #623
Kevin Kone
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 347193
Chapter/Region: W. Canada
Vehicle:
1996 Legacy Wagon
Green

Over the last few days ive been attempting to put a 20mm 04 sti front sway bar in. But after many attempts could not get it over the y-pipe thus causing tremendous vibrations when the engine was running Funny thing thou when i was installing the what i thought to be stock leggy sway bar i realized it may very well be a outback or fozzie bar cause it is what im guessing to be 17-18mm (gotta get the measuring tool)

But that brings me to my sucsess full install I installed a 06 wrx 20mm rear sway bar. this one was fun cause i gotta cut a brace with my zip disk and bash out my spare tire well.

I also had to mod out the bushings that i got with it. The one on the left is the final result. Shaved down the edges and made some notches so it would fit the stock legacy bushing housing.

I also did some of the intial work on installing a rear spoiler on my hatch from scratch I pretty much finished it but never got to take pics cause its still not painted properly and it was dark out.

This is my rig in its most current state.

oh ya the new 20mm rear sway bar is awesome and totally worth the install. Cant wait to get some gr-2 rear struts.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Kevin Kone is offline   Reply With Quote