I traded my 2002 WRX manual with only 88k miles in to get the more fuel efficient Impreza Sport Wagon 2013 CVT. After 5k miles and just finished a 2k mile trip to NYC, I was very disappointed that my mileage continues to only average closer to 20 mpg. Whether its hwy nor city the mileage is pretty bad. Maybe I guess I need to do my first oil change or something even though dealer told me 7500 miles. I got the cargo basket mid trip to NYC, the mileage actually went below 20 mpg, lol. That's understandable, but normal driving before this road trip and after, its pretty bad. I do notice the AC is making the engine rev up at idle like it cannot handle it like on a cheap car similar to the 2012 Honda Fit I had for a short period of time.
Anyway, my old 2002 227 HP WRX got slightly better mileage and I drive that like I stole it. Maybe a filter charger and a new exhaust might help the car breath better if its really that bottlenecked like a cheap civic or sentra. I think with this low mileage, I might as well get the STI.
1. Use Premium gas 93 vs the 87 octane
2. Change oil (I should've change it at 3k miles, and maybe use synthetic)
3. Use the moonroof, don't use the A/C
4. Is there Econ button?
5. Overflate the tires even more than the OEM 40 PSI, lol
6. The roof cross bars are not two wings, take them off?
7. Put car in neutral while driving down a hill
8. Check underhood verify I do not have a 2.5 vs 2.0?