View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 01:57 AM   #105
DBNY
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 340197

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack ffr1846 View Post

People hated on an S4 in traffic? Why? Compared to an STi? I live in opposite world, I guess. I liked being invisible when I had my S4. I removed all the S badges and bought a 1.8 badge to put on the trunk. Only place anyone realized what it was would be on the track.

It did self destruct.....repeatedly.....and then some more.
I should say this now, the S4 i had was Imola yellow while the STI is black. Im sure that explains it all. Initially I didn't think it would matter all that much but the color makes a huge difference.

For example, making a left turn out into traffic oncoming cars will honk and or wave their arms as if you are cutting in front of them when they are nowhere near you. This actually happened more than once, about three times.

People at my job who i dont even know coming up to me talking about the car. Im talking non car enthusiasts. Corolla drivers. Obv the enthusiasts want to talk about the STI while the regular people probably have no idea what the car is. I prefer it that way.

Overall I can say I feel more comfortable in the STI while the S4 made me nervous. I should have just bought this car first. I can't really imagine replacing this car with anything at this point. Only way is the next sti is a revolutionary step up or vw comes out with a golf rs with the 2.5L 5cyl. I feel luxury cars aren't really for me anymore.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
DBNY is offline   Reply With Quote