Vehicle:
06 WRX Wagon Ltd.
UGM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sato_unit View Post
Love the new wheels Abbitt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocdpvw View Post
Looking awesome, and beautiful shots as always man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrendanTheGreat408 View Post
For a few days yes. When I had the BC i had 18x9.5 +38 RPF1 with 275/35 tire and roughly -1.5 camber in the rear. When I installed the bags I immediately noticed the loss of stiffness on my steering wheel. The major problem I ran into is the rear bags on my GR cannot go high enough to safely run such a big tire. I have the rear shocks twisted as high as they go and even at 55psi or 60psi in the rear the car is too damn low and rubs far too much. I would have to dial in 3-4 degrees of camber in the rear to be able to drive the car...shortly after that I put my works on which dont count towards handling lol.

What PSI should I be driving at for maximum performance? I have new wheels coming 18x9.5 +40 with the same 275/35 tire and really want to give the bags a shot but I am worried they won't work with a real aggressive tire.
Yeah the rear dampers on the GR are remarkably short... I just did an install on a '13 WRX hatch and at max lift the rear was still tucking tire on stock wheels. The owner of the vehicle and good friend of mine, Colby came up for our BBQ this weekend and picked up a set of Klutch SL14's. We determined that he can thread the rear shock bracket about 1/2" further up to allow perfect fitment when aired out and maximum lift, but still there will be MAYBE a fingers worth of gap.

The 08+ Chassis is an example of a suspension setup that requires a very, VERY short damper in order to achieve maximum drop. The length of the damper and piston will ultimately determine the overall stroke, which is unfortunately only ~2.5" on the Air Lift rear kit. Again, this is to ensure maximum drop and is no way a design fault.

Ideal driving pressure is listed in the Air Lift installation manual. Front Struts are listed at ~50psi, rear (for the 08+) is 40-65psi.

Shoot me a PM if you have any other questions, I'm always happy to help!

Cheers,
John

PS - Here is a shot of Colby's WRX with his new Klutch SL14's at our shop!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Bag Riders Air Ride is offline   Reply With Quote