View Single Post
Old 07-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #14
harlen
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 296124
Vehicle:
02 wrx wagon

I didnt ask for opinions, i asked if anybody knew of a monitor that can be used with oem sensors.
Why would you think im the only one that wants to know their tire pressure at any given time? Im sure anybody that races their car knows how important tire pressure is. Drag racing, autox, road courses... tires are the most important aspect to racing. Being able to know how your tires are heating during a lap can help you determine what line you want to take to either preserve or get the maximum grip out of the tire.
Its not useless for daily driving either, it can save a tire if the driver doesnt notice he has low pressure. A tire that gets driven with low pressure will develope a heat ring around the sidewall and within a few miles that tire can fail. I dont know what kind of tires you run but one of mine cost more than a whole tpms kit with a pressure readout screen.
Orange electronic makes a kit for $130.
Stack makes a kit that can tell you tire temps as well as pressure.
Might be able to get the orange monitor to work with the oe sensors but the sensors themselves will probably need to be modified which totally defeats the idea of not removing the tires and using the oe sensors.
Im looking for the guy that had a car with oe tpms and threw on an aftermarket or diy monitor that works with his sensors so he doesnt see a dumb little light, but instead sees numbers that mean something.
I seriously doubt im the only one that thought about this. But hey, i also might be on the wrong forum.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
harlen is offline   Reply With Quote