davetsbass
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 169729
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2002 a6 2.7t

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyConway View Post
Surgery on the knee is officially called off... After a ton of reading and advice on my knee situation, Im going to let my mcl heal on its own. The surgeon was only wanting to fix the ACl. I believe the Acl has been gone for many yrs of racing motocross. Pretty sure both knees have acl damage. my knees feel strong, working on getting range of motion back in the injured knee. the mcl injury needs to be healed first anyways before even thinking about acl reconstructive surgery. I've read that some people have acl grade 3 tears and the other muscles just build up and take over and never get the acl fixed... Which my knee has never been unstable and no paint with pressure or walking. I really honestly think Id be worse off getting surgery. This has been on my mind this whole month, haven't done much to the car. But Im ready to get back on the car and get this thing rolling. So expect some pics soon!
I tore my acl while crumpling around my bike on a downhill run a couple of years ago. I opted to not get it 'fixed' and it took about a 6 months for my knee to feel sturdy enough to go in the back country on my snowboard. Now 4 years later, I'd never know it was torn.

Were you doing some gnar drop on the bmx or something to get it that way? Good luck on the recovery and take it easy.

and as everyone else has already said many time, dope ass project. can't wait to see it finished
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
davetsbass is offline   Reply With Quote