Old 08-11-2013, 09:39 PM   #631
Patrick Olsen
NASIOC Supporter

Member#: 120
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
1997 Legacy 2.5GT
QuickSilver Metallic

After the posts above I manhandled the Legacy into the garage, pulled the spark plugs, and confirmed that something in the engine is broken - I can only roll the crank over a turn before it locks up. Then I had to get back to work on my CTS-V, so I rolled the Legacy back out of the garage and put the V in to fiddle with the headers.

This weekend I finished working on the CTS-V, got it out of the garage, then manhandled the powerless Subaru into the garage yet again. (Using my World's Strongest Man skills I hooked a tow strap to the rear tow eye and pulled the car backwards into the garage. )

- Drained the oil and coolant.
- Removed the intake manifold and radiator.
- Set the PS pump off to the side.

I can see the backs of all the intake valves, so none of them has broken off. I took off the left and right timing chain covers and rolled the engine over by hand, but couldn't get the crank into a position to see if the timing belt had jumped teeth.

Tomorrow after work I'll see about removing the header. I also need to try to find someone that does mobile A/C refrigerant recovery - I want to get the system evacuated and obviously I can't drive the car anywhere to do that.

* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Patrick Olsen is offline   Reply With Quote