View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #21
llamsn
Scooby Newbie
Member Sales Rating: (13)

Member#: 201554
Vehicle:
2to6 WRX Wagon

These guys rebuilt a ported, polished, and coated vf48 for my 04 auto Forester. I purchased the 11-blade compressor wheel. I am currently in the middle of having this tuned.

I spoke with Johnathan and he told me info similar as to what Ccypher posted. I was also speaking with him about an oem vf37 twinscroll setup and said to go with that instead of the vf48, implying that it would be more suited for a 4eat daily driver. I liked that he seemed more concerned about the car's driveability than making a sale! I eventually chose to stick with the vf48 because the Forester is a dd that I take long distances, and I want to be able to use fairly readily available parts if something happens. If I would have been able to wait awhile longer, I would've purchased their ball bearing setup for the vf48!

So far, the turbo looks great. I've kept the car out of boost, and will, until I'm fully tuned, but I will give an assessment after I'm road ready. I will soon be taking a road trip of about 5k miles through mountains and seaside, which should give the turbo a nice test! l'll post as events progress!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by llamsn; 09-20-2013 at 01:26 PM. Reason: mis-typed
llamsn is offline   Reply With Quote