awenthol
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 355024
Chapter/Region: MWSOC
Vehicle:
2013 DGM STi Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiNPOiNT View Post
Inspired by this thread I went ahead and did the same thing with my nexus 7. One hiccup though. How do you turn the unit on? Did you wire up something to the power button inside the unit? Or did you use some sort of cheap mechanical solution to press the power button?

If you leave it on all the time it will eventually drain your car battery right?

For those interested. I use the same hyco bar solution (its found in the plumbing section of home depot btw. 87 cents. (you only need 1 bar).

Instead of plank of wood i used a piece of rubber drawer lining which is between the nexus and the hyco bars. and provides it from slipping around or damaging the back of the nexus if i ever want to remove it.

Just can't figure out how to turn the nexus on. Is there a "power on when plugged in" setting in cyanogen mod perhaps?
You running CyanogenMod? Yes, there's a setting for "wake up on power" and "stay awake while charging." I use tasker to change screen timeout settings and wake the screen/"play" music on "charge."

Some more info in later posts here http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=2459432

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffywill View Post
i'm having the same issue with google map and pandora (internet and iheartradio works fine)

are u using foxfi? might have something to do with jellybean
I'm using a ROM that utilizes Android WiFi tether w/out it in my plan. Turns out the GPS issue is a Gen 2 Nexus 7 issue...still waiting for a fix.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
awenthol is offline   Reply With Quote