Old 06-19-2000, 01:30 AM   #3
ImprezaRS dot com
over boosted again

Member#: 1458
Chapter/Region: RMIC
Vehicle:
2015 Forester 2.0 XT
2005 2.5 RS, 2013 Tribeca

I like what you did. But it seems to me, for someone worried about water in the engine, you still have a potential problem. At least we can avoid the 10" deep puddle you sucked water from, but not the rain and snow.

You might be better off with the AMSOIL oiled foam filter, since it would be harder to damage it, and the oiled foam would resist water droplets better. Plus, since it will get dirty faster, you can clean the AMSOIL instead of throwing out paper filters all the time. They recommend cleaning/oiling only every 25,000 miles!

Also, the added surface area of the foam filter would be better than a K&N in your setup. Although the airbox is certainly turned around 90 degrees, the actual "90 degrees coolant hose" doesn't look like 90, it looks more like 60 degrees. That's weird, like an optical illusion. Are you sure about the angle? And, what length of hose does it take to make the angle turn?

Lastly, I'd put a screen in front of the scoop opening, to catch bugs and rocks and prevent further damage, etc...

I'm gonna stay with the inner fender for cool-air for now. Paul Brizel and I are meeting in Colorado Springs CO tomorrow to do a purchase on some 2.5" aluminum tubing for our "fender intakes", to get rid of the 2" PVC plastic intake tubing. Kastle is going in on it with us, at about $20 each for a 60 degree bend and 20" straight piece.

I'm gonna polish it before I put it on.

Larry
www.ImprezaRS.com

[This message has been edited by ImprezaRS dot com (edited June 19, 2000).]
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.