BigFatHorse
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 328167
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza MT PZEV
Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldste01 View Post
^^ Could that have been the result of someone jacking the car incorrectly?
Good question. I never considered this since when I looked at the damage up close it looked so much like a scrape, complete with some horizontal lines running through the gouge. It's hard to see in the pics I posted.

Anyway, I've just checked and I had the car into the dealer for service at the end of February and the end of May. I noticed the damage in mid-May. So I don't believe it was a jacking accident as nobody was jacking up the car in the correct time-frame.

My current theory, which I will never prove, is that I (or my wife) drove the car a little too close to a curb or something while cornering. I don't see how I could have done this without noticing the sound of my beautiful car being destroyed, but who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srpuywa View Post
that's what mine looks like - will post some pics - it's odd that it was on the passenger side when my fat ass on the drivers side of the car

Big fat horse - do you know how they repaired it - did they pull it out?
I believe they pulled the whole panel off, bent it back into shape, and repainted/blended the affected area. The shop that quoted me $1100 was going to repaint the entire panel, which would probably have been a better repair, but I am hoping for the best. That is, hoping that the blended paint and clearcoat won't ever start peeling or anything.

It looks good-as-new now but the texture of the rock guard paint is a little different to the touch, which is, IMO, not a big deal.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by BigFatHorse; 09-18-2013 at 11:48 AM. Reason: grammarz - how do they work?
BigFatHorse is offline   Reply With Quote