vwgti123
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 335945
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 Sport Limited
Satin White Pearl

Default 2013 Spt Limited CVT Trade In Value and Good Luck

First off.. just want to wish many on here good luck with your cars. I have complained in great detail of my dispointments with the Impreza CVT and how it has not met my needs. For those who really like it, good luck, I really mean that.

Just wanted to share my experience, anybody who is thinking of trading in your Impreza please do your homework. After looking at my needs and extensive research, I chose a 2014 Mazda 6 IGrand Touring - White with Almond leather. Problem was after working the phones for several days, all dealers (even out of state) were stating to me that it seems many people are trying to get out of 2012 -2013 Impreza's and the most they could give was 18k. My first impressions were, they are just low balling me, but after hearing the same from several dealers I really became concerned.

Thankfully, I just ended up driving past a Mazda dealer just to look at the new 2014 Mazda 3 S Grand Touring - spoke with manager and had my Impreza there, Told them I would Give them $29,200 for the exact car I wanted which they had, and told them I won't take less than $20,500 for my 2013 SWP Sprt Limtd, after some serious neg, they came back and said done. I could not sign the paperwork fast enough! So all who have been saying how the resale of the Impreza is so great, I would seriously rebuttle that.

Either way, I have moved on to a 2014 Mazda 6 IGrand Touring, only had it for 3 days, but all I can say is the transmission is worth the move alone. AVG MPG well above 30mpg so far. The Subaru CVT is a joke IMO - almost dangerous. I feel blessed that they gave me what they did for my trade in. 2013 w/ 13,700 miles, almost exactly 1 year old. So Good Luck with your Subaru's. Based upon all I have read here, many are great people and very passionate about their cars, and that is great!!!

Side note, not to p/off Subaru owners, the 2014 Mazda 6 IGrand Touring is beyond awesome! If your on the fence, you owe it to yourself to go test drive one. Very different cars I know, I was looking for another hatchback. I will miss the AWD, but not really, Went from a 2010 GTI 6spd to Impreza CVT to Now 2014 Mazda 6 IGrand Touring - All I can say is Mazda, for the price, WOW. Seriously, check it out. Good Luck to Most!!! Video of exact car I purchased. Never owned or thought I would buy a Mazda.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fny97z0a1c
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by vwgti123; 09-19-2013 at 09:51 PM.
vwgti123 is offline   Reply With Quote