Old 09-24-2013, 07:23 PM   #1
Oddbaru
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 315869
Chapter/Region: NWIC
Vehicle:
2012 Impreza Sp Ltd
Dark Grey Metallic

Default Check engine, traction control, and flashing cruise control light on.

I posted this in the 2012 Impreza thread, but it will quickly get buried. Since I appear to be the first 2.0 Impreza with this issue it probably warrants its own thread.

Car went in at 23,852 miles for a check engine, traction control/VCS, and flashing cruise control light. After various tests, the dealer determined it might be the leak check valve assembly (per Subaru techs), so it was replaced at around 23,900 miles. At around 24,100 miles the lights returned.

I'm the first at my dealership with this. Car is completely stock. Not having cruise control is big annoyance with the amount of freeway travel I do. Car drives completely fine otherwise. The traction control is not working with this either. I haven't had any problems (no oil burn-off issues) aside from this.

Car was dropped off this morning and the dealer ran all the tests they could per Subaru. They're waiting to hear back from another tech. It pulled the same code as last time and it's related to emissions. The car is PZEV.

Lemon Law in Oregon is three failed attempts and the defect happened under 24,000 miles (with documentation), so i think I'm good there. I really hope it doesn't go that far as I don't want to deal with a six-month hassle. On the other hand, I was intending to keep this car for several years and this doesn't give me much reassurance it's going to be reliable.

Meh.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
Oddbaru is offline   Reply With Quote