Scooby Newbie

Member#: 335945
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 Sport Limited
Satin White Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemophilic View Post
Is this on the same commute that was getting you sub-par numbers with the Impreza? Definitely would be interested in the hand-calcs after a full tank or two. And have you started a Fuelly?
Exactly same commute, I too am totally interested to see what kind of MPG's I am now getting. I have not started Fuelly, as I always hand calc, really don't see the need, but will post real world results at first fill.

Biggest thing I have noticed so far is cold starts. Past few mornings have been about 49/50 or so, Impreza/CVT/PZEV def reved much higher/longer, Mazda 6 revs for about 45 secs, then the trans/engine relaxes and is just smooth. Granted there are more HP, but again can't say enough about the 6spd gearbox. It is soo smoooth and almost seems to learn how I like to drive, which has been very conservative. Breaking engine in. Have not gone above 3k rpm. But have not really had reason to either.

Not sure if anybody else ever did this or does?... but I used to always try to make the Impreza go to high gear (by going to manual) to lower the RPM's, and when thought was ok, then put it back in drive it would always downshift - drove me nuts, I think it was just to warm it up. Funny now that I think about it, and AWD drive car, that hates cold Temp! To be honest... comparing the 6 to the Impreza is like apples and oranges.. They are just very different. A 2.O ltr 148 HP AWD vs a 2.5 ltr 184 HP, CVT vs. a 6spd. They way about the same though. If I can get better fuel economy. We shall see. Definately more comfortable and refined,but that came at a cost $
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by vwgti123; 09-24-2013 at 11:16 PM.
vwgti123 is offline   Reply With Quote