Old 09-26-2013, 09:45 PM   #56
vwgti123
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 335945
Chapter/Region: Tri-State
Vehicle:
2013 Sport Limited
Satin White Pearl

Listen, seriously, I never meant for my post to be a shot. I really liked much about my Impreza - but the CVT was horrible IMO and could not take it any longer. Why should I have to? I don't so I made change that makes me happier.

My post was just to share what I was experiencing when trying to trade it in. In the end I feel thankful that I got the trade in I did, I jumped at the offer. Getting the new car at the price I wanted was gravy to be honest. But I was very concerned when 10plus dealers sang the same song, and just wanted to share with anybody else who was thinking of trading in their Impreza. To do your homework and be dilligent.

That does not mean I think resale values of Subaru is bad. It means that Maybe the Impreza right now is a hard trade in/resale? IDK, but when you hear the same thing from several dealers, it is not just random. All saying that there is no money in it for them as New Subarus have huge incentives right now. So time factor is huge also. Only time will tell what resale values of any car will be, supply demand, I think we can all agree on that. But to compare resale values of a prior gen car to just say Mazda 6's lose value faster does not make sense to me. Just look at what the elantra and sonata did. Those are shots to me. All internet sources are an invaluable tool for car buyers. And you know what, who cares. I think I did my homework, and If the car improves my situation and supplies the satisfaction needed, that is all that matters. If I really end up loving the car, that is all that matters. That should be the goal for any car buying decision IMO. If not, then move on if you can. Wasn't sure if I could, but made it work.

I truly appreciate all the comments. Love and enjoy your cars, drive the wheels off them and enjoy every mile! I am passionate about cars as many of you are. Thankfully I have had some great cars. Cars and driving put smiles on your face! I just want to get up every morning and enjoy driving my car, whatever make it is!!!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
vwgti123 is offline   Reply With Quote