Old 10-22-2013, 11:49 PM   #7
mel t vin
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 159299
Vehicle:
1998 Legacy Wagon
Green

Reviving a thread from the dead...

So, I'm trying to diagnose/resolve a power door lock issue with a '95 L wagon. The key unlocks the passenger's door by itself but when the driver's door is unlocked, all three other doors also unlock. Is this factory operation for a '95?

The reason I ask is, I have a '98 L wagon and the key unlocks both front doors just by themselves. I have to actually hit the power "unlock" button to unlock all doors.

And here in lies the real problem with the '95...after unlocking the driver's door [and all other doors] to gain entry, sometimes before starting the engine, sometimes after, the passenger and rear door lock actuators will all cycle [closed/open] together, numerous times. I think this happened for an unknown length of time while the car was parked in the driveway and ran the battery dead.

Above, in post #5, US2JDM mentions factory locks with control "unit" and RKE with control "module". What is RKE?

I ended up disconnecting the harness at what I thought was the power lock control unit, under the dash, above the driver's left foot. I would post a picture of what I disconnected, but, it doesn't appear I have the option to upload pictures.

Has anyone else run into this very annoying electrical gremlin?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
mel t vin is offline   Reply With Quote