Thread: ('11-'14) hill assist light
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
mjlgraham
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 373053
Exclamation Hill Assist Light 2012 WRX

I see you had an issue with your Hill Assist Light, I am having the same problem. It is intermittent however. The light comes on and off for minutes at a time. It seems to only occur during city driving, and go away when I am on the highway. Could it be mechanical or electrical? or both.

I brought the issue to the dealership twice. First they suggested that the light and Hill Assist feature was designed to go on/off like that. I disagreed because I saw no documentation to suggest that, in fact on the manual it suggests to have the car inspected if the light comes on. I see no reason why the warning light would intermittently illuminate while driving regularly. Friends of mine with similar year WRX's dont see the issue.

Second time around, they said that there are no error codes reported, they couldn't reproduce it, so they could do nothing for me. I left the dealership, and the light came on again.

- When the warning light is off, the Hill Assist works fine, as I can feel it engaging.
- When I am driving in an around the city, the light intermittently comes on.
- When the light is on, the Hill Assist is not working as I checked while on a hill.
- Usually, when I transition to highway driving the light goes off, as in the video.

There is a problem here, but I need to dealer to agree with me that there is and do something about it. Right now, I am stuck.

Has anyone any suggestions for me?
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
mjlgraham is offline   Reply With Quote