Chapter/Region: TXIC
Vehicle:
2012 WRX-Stage 2
Ice Silver Metallic

Default Sluggish feeling after going Stage 2 [UPDATE]

Car:
2012 WRX Sedan
Mods:
Cobb AP-Running Stage 2 OTS map (93 octane, no intake, live in Texas)
Invidia Catted DP
Nameless Axle-back (I know, it doesn't matter)

I recently went Stage 2 via the above parts. However, now my car feels somewhat sluggish off the line. Prior to Stage 2, my car felt lively off the line and built boost quickly. When I say "off the line", I mean going from a standstill at a stop light and accelerating swiftly (not aggressively) to get in front of another car to make a quickly approaching turn, etc. I don't race and I never launch it.

I know these cars require revs to build boost and are top end happy power-makers, but what I am experiencing is, in my opinion, not the correct amount of low end power.

Now, I have to really give it some right foot if I want to get off the line swiftly. It still builds the correct amount of boost 18-20psi at the top of the rpm band, but it seems to build the boost later on then it use to. It just feels really sluggish at the bottom of first, second, and third gears and seems to have lost torque because it won't build anything. In fact, it is still showing vacuum until around 3,000 rpm.

Additionally, I have checked the Intercooler hose (its on firmly), I have checked for leaks around my double thickness grimmspeed turbo to downpipe gasket.

Is this a typical product of OTS maps and bad fuel loads from predetermined a/f ratios? Is this an unidentified leak? Yes, I know I need to go get a pro-tune, but I am tight-walleted right now and looking to rule out any additional issues. Thanks for the help.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.

Last edited by kyporter903; 11-07-2013 at 09:49 PM.
kyporter903 is offline   Reply With Quote