Scooby Newbie

Member#: 371541
Chapter/Region: AKIC
Vehicle:
2013 BRZ
DMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadgene View Post
As some might gather, I am a huge music fan. I am a student of the blues. I've been cataloging and studying the art for years.

I recall hearing some guy named Jonny Lang back in the mid 90's. His voice was powerfully dynamic. He sounded real soulful, gritty, very black, and accomplished. I bought his music and enjoyed it immensely. I finally got an opportunity to see this person on MTV….he was a 15 year old white boy. More albums came out….they were all good too.

I just got notice that he will be playing here 12/20/2013 in Anchorage at the DENA'INA CENTER. Tickets go on sale tomorrow.

I plan to be there….this will be a real treat. He is a supreme talent.

Here is a little taste for you other music lovers.
Walking Away - Jonny Lang - - YouTube
Jonny Lang's first couple albums were great (Lie to Me, Wander this World). I stopped following him after Long Time Coming… More R&B than blues. I'm a huge blues fan, pretty sure I was born a few decades later than my musical tastes. :-)

I'll have to check out some of his newer stuff online and see if I want to go hear him. He is amazingly talented and came up playing with blues legends, even as a kid. I really hope he found his way back to those roots.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
aktoys is offline   Reply With Quote