View Single Post
Old 11-30-2013, 02:39 AM   #4389
dromond56
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 344172
Vehicle:
2013 Impreza 2.0i
Blue

My '13 Impreza 5MT has burned almost 2 quarts of oil in the last 5,000 miles. I read through this thread and went into the dealership. The guy at the service desk explained that since Subaru's policy is that oil consumption under 1 quart per 1,200 miles is acceptable, that there was nothing he could do for me unless my car reaches that level. I was displeased and told him so in a polite way. I mentioned that I had read about a TSB on this issue and the service guy did not acknowledge it.

I mentioned this to an older salesman who seemed to think that 1 quart per 2,500 miles was no acceptable, and recommended that I call 1-800-SUBARU3 and explain the situation. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Ironically, my wife's Honda was totaled this morning. It was parked on the street and some drug addicts in van smashed into it. She'd prefer to replace it with an AWD car. Subaru could earn themselves a sweet little payday if they would take care of this pesky oil consumption problem for me....

My car has 14,800 miles on it. I changed the oil at 3,500 and 9,600. The only curious thing is that both times the oil light came on where after climbing then descending a mountain road where I engine braked a bit.

This is the most hilarious part of it. When my oil light came on for the second time, I pulled over to check the level. 2 minutes later a women pulled in with a brand new Impreza with only 4K miles from the same dealership. Her oil light had just turned on as well. Woohoo, oil burning party!
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
dromond56 is offline   Reply With Quote