Old 12-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #8
bawb3
Scooby Newbie

Member#: 333728
Vehicle:
2014 WRX Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT324 View Post
Did he say 0-60 in 6 seconds for the CVT?

That piece of plastic does need to go. It seems nice overall, but a little too techy for me. I'll keep my 2013. Things I wish I had from this car: 1. D shaped steering wheel (which I can get myself), 2. Black headliner (can be done, but a pain in the ass), 3. 5X114.3 bolt pattern to get STI wheels.
Yep... 6.0 seconds, I drove a CVT in my old car and hated it - of course this a different animal, but adding nearly an entire second on to 0-60 is a big difference. I agree with the 114 bolt pattern though, that would be nice but not a huge deal.

I'm also not much of a fan of the faux carbon fiber interior trim, but that's whatever. Don't care for the look of the info screen cluster either, the boost gauge hardly looks any better than Torque pro on my phone lol.

I am however, really looking forward to trying out the new 6MT, is it entirely new or from another car?

I'm also really looking forward to seeing what the aftermarket guys and tuners are able to pull out of the new DI motor, should be pretty sweet.

I'll stick with my '14 (of course I just got it), but I want to wait couple years for them to work out any kinks, and make any tweaks they may need to do. Also the aftermarket will be established for the new drivetrain by then.

Plus, by then I'll be making grown-up money so maybe I'll just go to an STI.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
bawb3 is offline   Reply With Quote