Old 12-16-2013, 04:13 PM   #18
ricochet
Driving Sports TV Staff

Member#: 15542
Vehicle:
1991 Legacy Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby24 View Post
You got a little excited there at the end. lol. But I can't blame you. I'm sure I'll be the same way as soon as I get into mine.

Great review, thanks for taking the time to do more than just a write up like the other guys.

What were your thoughts on the fit and finish quality? Sqeaky dash, door panels, rear deck? How about the HK Stereo? Spend any time checking it out? How does it stack up to others? Sound like your typical "could have been great, but subaru mucked it up" stereo?
In talking with Subaru they said they did a lot to improve the stereo on this one, including adding extra reinforcements around the sub to prevent rattle. They also tuned it for more bass vs. the Forester. But, given all I had to cover on this one, I simply didn't get around to even listening to the HK system. That will have to be covered in a future episode.

Fit and finish puts the 2015 into a different class versus the outgoing model. This was a pre-production car, so I can't report on any squeaks or rattles. Something that happens turns up in production may not appear in a pre-pro... though the car I drove was very quiet in the cabin, both on rough roads and at speed.
* Registered users of the site do not see these ads.
ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote